This early 20th-century sign has lived at least two lives. The remnants of its original addressee, an automobile shop in upstate NY, can be seen on the reverse of the sign. The sign most likely changed hands sometime between 1920 and 1930 to the Italian restaurant. The name of the restaurant is sadly unknown, but a New York location is likely based on the original owner of the sign. In the early 20th century, nearly all of the Italian immigrants arriving in America came through New York, which made for the creation of many restaurants; this handpainted sign speaks to that history. The gilded lettering is in excellent condition and the sign is in overall good condition with minimal wear.
|Dimensions||89.0000000 × 3.0000000 × 24.0000000 in|