In the annals of breweriana, these crates rank up there among our favorites. Gambrinus Brewing Co. operated in Portland from 1889 to 1916. As a pre-prohibition era brewery, these crates are rare stuff indeed. As the patron saint of beer, Gambrinus is an apt figure to represent any brewery and the Gambrinus building complex, of which a portion still stands, was located at Burnside and NW Westover Rd. These solid wood crates are sturdy, coated with their original Prussian Blue paint, along with great old late 19th century stenciled labels. Cheers!
Each crate measures roughly* 24 x 8.5 x 6