Founded in 1876 by Melville Dewey, the Library Bureau specialized in making library supplies and equipment. Before the turn of the century, the Library Bureau introduced vertical filing, followed closely by Library Bureau schools dedicated to teaching filing to clerical workers. By 1900, the Library Bureau was one of the premier supplies of library equipment. This set of 4 library filing cabinets is in almost pristine condition and feature lovely brass hardware. Each cabinet is a freestanding unit but sit flush together.
Measures 85.5 x 26.5 x 51.5.