Founded in 1851 by three brothers in Reading, PA, the Reading Hardware Company grew into a major manufacturer by 1888. During World War II, Reading Hardware Company made armor plate for the war effort, including helmets, shell casing, bomb fuses, and light armor plate for the bottom of airplane seats. The Reading Hardware Company closed its doors in the 1950s. This pair of Gothic Revival cast brass door plates are in exceptional shape. Featuring a repeating scroll pattern and arched top, these ornate plates may have originally been installed on a church. Stamped with the Reading Hardware Co. logo and “1392 Dacia”.
Measure 15 x 3 x .5″.