This desk was manufactured by the E.H. Sheldon company in the early 20th century. The company was founded in the late 19th century in Chicago and moved operations to Muskegon, MI in 1912. This particular desk is hallmarked with the Muskegon factory and therefore has a manufacturing date sometime thereafter. Made of solid maple with brass hardware, the tandem swivel seats have cast iron arms. There are four pull out shelves and three drawers, which are all generously sized.